Wednesday, April 30, 2008

50 Most "Beautiful" People

People magazine is releasing its annual "50 Most Beautiful People" issue, and, to be honest, most of the candidates aren't exactly shocking. They've rounded up all of the usual suspects: Kate Hudson...Patrick Dempsey (shocker!)...Halle Berry (even though she had her baby two months ago and still (gasp!) hasn't lost all the weight, which is pretty much unheard of these days in Hollywood (ahem, Nicole Richie)). So yes, most of the faces gracing the issue are pretty much givens.

However, I myself was a little taken aback when they decided to honor one Rumer Willis for her...beauty.

Really?

Rumer Willis?

Listen, I don't want to sound like a schoolyard tween picking on the girl who takes a little too long to work through her awkward phase (mostly because that latter girl was, by all accounts, me), but...really? Rumer Willis?

It's not like me to pick fights with famous people, so I'll just say I was "surprised" to find out that she made the list. Wait, what's that you say? Rumer isn't famous, her parents are? Oh no, my friend. Need I remind you of her small, yet crucial roles in films like Now and Then, Striptease, The Whole Nine Yards, and Hostage? I mean, these aren't just small movies. They also starred major movie stars, like Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.

And, I suppose I should remind you, that even if, say, you and I don't fancy Rumer a famous celebrity, she has very different ideas about her level of stardom. Ah yes, Rumer, I can imagine that fame is indeed a full time job. It's kind of like delusion in that sense, isn't it?

Of course, my all-time favorite portrayal of Rumer is this Michael Mouris video. He really captures her..."beautiful" spirit. Enjoy.

And, a sidenote to People magazine: Get it together people!!!

That is all.

No comments: