Thursday, September 27, 2007

Really? A deer?!?

Well, I'm glad I've got Gossip Girl, because Grey's Anatomy is clearly going downhill fast. Anyone else watch the premiere tonight? I was hoping it might have just been Addison and Dr. Burke bringing the entire cast down, but I don't think that's the case at all. This wasn't just bad; it was Private Practice bad. As one of my viewing companions noted tonight, Issiah Washington might have made the best move of all-- he got out. I mean, yeah, he was forced out, but at least he didn't have to stick around and watch Katherine Heigl (whom I am inclined to see as severely overrated in terms of acting skills...prove me wrong, Katherine! Prove me wrong!), aka Izzie Stevens, spend the entire episode bringing a deer back to life. Geez.

1 comment:

Insignificant Wrangler said...

Meg and I have officially thrown in the towel. I made it 19 minutes last night.

Defibrillating a deer = perhaps the greatest and clearest "jumping the shark" moment of my life. I mean, that really happened right? In a season premier?

It was so overwhelming that I almost missed the "wait...Meredith is your sister" moment. But I caught that. And instantaneously abandoned any desire to keep watching that show.

Thursday is now officially "catch-up-on-our-DVR" night.

(P.S.--the only thing that might get me to keep watching this show is Katherine Heigl... and it has nothing to do with acting...)