Thursday, June 26, 2008

You Gotta See the Baby

Well, Jamie Lynn had her baby about a week ago, and, to be quite honest, I didn't really have much to say about it. I mean, there were no real surprises. I was glad to see that she got out of that whole "Combine both parents' names to form the baby name" fiasco that her own parents started sixteen years earlier. Right when they confirmed her pregnancy, one of my friends predicted that the name would include "some awful misspelling of a perfectly normal name." Well, call him a prophet and welcome Maddie Briann Spears to the world. Poor kid...she's going to spend her whole life as "Brian," which, coincidentally, is Jamie Lynn and Britney's brother's name, so I guess she's not getting away from the family name thing altogether. But that's what Jamie Lynn chose, and at least it's not Casey Jay, or Jamie Cay, or some other ungodly combination of their two names.

So, no, I wasn't going to blog about this baby. But perusing People.com this morning, I saw a really funny quote from the father's grandmother that leads me to believe that A. This woman is hilarious, and B. This baby is seriously ugly.

According to Grandma Aldridge, baby Spears "has Casey's toes." Don't grandmother's usually say something like "Oh, it's just the most beautiful baby! She's the prettiest little thing you've ever seen!"? Isn't it a bad sign when even Grandma can only think to comment on the baby's toes? This kind of reminds me of when Leah Remini said that Suri Cruise was "a newborn and normal size." Good to know. Sounds adorable.

Now, I'm not going to judge little Brian Spears until we meet him, er, her. I'm just saying, from what I can gather, this baby sounds seriously breathtaking.

No comments: