Tuesday, May 1, 2007

the first post...

Reasons why I have decided to start my own blog:

1. I'm bored. It's Indiana. It's summer (or about to be). Summer begins with feelings of pure bliss. The temperature has risen above thirty, forty, fifty, sixty, seventy (gasp!) degrees, and has settled happily in the low-eighties. This is a blessing for the first week, then I remember how much it sucks to get the sweats like Britney mid-withdrawal the minute I step out my front door. Good times, Indiana, good times. Way to get ALL OF THE WEATHER THAT SUCKS. Ahem. But I'm not bitter. I'm just hot. And bored. So that's reason number one.
2. Celebrities posts were banned, or "reigned in," from my previous blogging outlet, sycamorereview.com. Now, I still hold that blog very close to my heart. But let's face it: if I'm not blogging about celebrities, do I really have all that much to say? Let the others blog eloquently on the state of contemporary fiction; I'll be over here blogging about Posh and Katie.
3. Disregard my previous reason. I can blog about things other than celebrities. I WILL blog about things other than celebrities. Food. My dog. My cat. ummmm....surely I'll come up with more as the summer goes on.

And thus, not with a whimper but a bang (ah, you see what I did there?), let the blogging begin!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Anna I'm so glad you're "in" now... I was beginning to think women weren't allowed to start blogs or something.

I'm linking you up at my place. Gretchen will be excited to read the celebrities posts -- you should do a blog-research project on Scientology and figure out just how much money it takes to become an arch-deacon like Tom Cruise.

Jon Sealy said...

Welcome. Welcome. No need to apologize--it IS summer in Indiana. I'm not even finished with class yet and I'm already bored.

Wishydig said...

Huzzah. You've given me another blog to keep up with.

Purdue will soon take over the worldwide blog chorus. I've included a link to you at my blog.