Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Somewhere Betsy Ross is Crying

A long, long time ago, when I was but a freshman in high school, I attended my first 'senior party.' I don't remember much from it except that I drank too many strawberry wine coolers and got sick in the bushes (how high school freshman girl cliche is that?), and that another girl, also a freshman, showed up wearing nothing but a confederate flag bikini, thus enforcing every Southern white trash stereotype ever. I think there was a pool, but I wouldn't swear on it. This girl's name was Courtney Cox, and she would return to the confederate flag motif for her senior pictures page in the yearbook, which included a glamour shot of her wearing a shiny silver bustier, pressed up against a trailer, as well as a shot of her wrapped in a confederate flag. Don't ask me how these pictures were even allowed to make their way into the yearbook. It still baffles me.

Anywho, that was the trashiest use I've ever seen of the "flag" bikini that was so popular in the nineties. But this runs a close second.

3 comments:

E said...

I,too, had a friend who donned a confederate flag bikini. I think she bought it at Waves or Eagles.

Patrick Nevins said...

Sarah says . . . I need to see said yrbk layout to believe it. If you don't have it handy here, I request it make the trip back next time you visit La.

Jon Sealy said...

Tag game.