Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dina Lohan: Mom of the Year


I really like this story about Dina Lohan being honored with an award for her mothering skills. Apparently the award is coming from the "Mingling Moms" association. I will say, I admire Dina's persistence. I mean, now that Lindsay's transition from Adorable, Fresh-Faced Rising Star to Twice-Rehabed, All the Drugs and Alcohol and Eating Disorders Had to Take Their Toll on My Face Eventually, Yeah, I'm Wearing Leggings Again, What of It? 22 year-old is almost complete, Dina has made the executive decision to throw her energy not into reviving poor old LiLo's career, but rather building up the career of a younger, fresher Lohan: Ali.


Ali Lohan is like Lindsay 2.0. I mean, it took a lot of hard work over the course of a decade to get Lindsay fully looking like a 40 year-old at the age of 22. Ali, on the other hand, has accomplished the same feat at the tender age of 13. That's pretty impressive. With a little luck and a lot of hard work and determination, I'd say Ali could be in rehab by the age of 16. Hey, that's only a few years later than Drew Barrymore!


So it's good that the Mingling Moms have taken notice of Dina's hard work and decided to give her the honor she deserves. But why stop there? I'm sure Candy Spelling and Lynne Spears would be happy to stop by the awards luncheon as well. Lynne could read an excerpt from her yet-to-be published parenting book, and Candy could fire off some more open letters to random celebrities she's never met. Throw in some crudite and petit fours, and you've got yourself a delightful Mother's Day luncheon. Count me in, Mingling Mothers, count me in.


No comments: