Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sharon Stone and Dalai Lama = BFF's...Who Knew?

Apparently Sharon Stone, who claims that the Dalai Lama is a good friend, thinks that it is socially appropriate to blame the earthquake in China on karma. She thinks that the karmic forces were lashing out at the Chinese people as a response to their mistreatment of the Tibetans. Interesting. Not at all crazy.

This reminds me of when I first moved to Indiana, back in 2005. I had only been there for about a month when Hurricane Katrina hit. A few days after the hurricane, I was riding to school on the local trolley when an old man started talking to me about all of it. We agreed that it was horrible and very sad. Before I was able to tell him that I was from Louisiana, he said to me, "But you know, I don't think it's a coincidence that God chose New Orleans." Huh?!? "I mean, it's common knowledge that Louisiana is the most sinful state in the nation." Ah, of course! I should know that, being from the state and all. Isn't that in our state slogan? "The Sportsman's Paradise...And Land of Great Sinners!"

It's always a good idea to blame major natural disasters on people's bad behavior. Sharon Stone and the crazy trolley man have figured it all out. What I want to know is, when will karma get back at Sharon for Basic Instinct 2? And for this? And this? I mean, come on karma! I know you're busy doling out earthquakes and what not, but these crimes against humanity should not go unpunished.

No comments: